Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Day Today :)!

Well this is my very first post! Yes I am finally taking the plunge into blogging :)! I have yet to make it to myspace, twitter, and many of the others. One step at a time for me :)! I have to take baby steps. I have been working on this blog for months now and just decided to finally post.

Today I took 2 of my children to a local pottery studio. They were having a class today when we went so we will go back in a couple of days. The concept is ingenious I think. Basically you purchase a piece of bisque ceramic, paint it , they fire it and glaze it for you and you pick it up. It gives children the opportunity to feel as if they are making the pottery from start to finish. Except for cleaning and firing it they actually are!

After leaving the "pottery store" we decided to head to Staples for a few back to school supplies. I love my children dearly but they are at that age where they LOVE to pick at each other. My son, Gavin will call his sister "Roast beef"... Since I absolutely don't allow name calling when they get angry at one another or want to pick on each other they will call each other weird names. For some reason calling my daughter "roast beef" just infuriates her. I have tried to explain to her that her brothers only do this because it makes her mad. She is such a ham, no pun intended! When she shows her temper, she holds nothing back!
Anyhow, in Staples Gavin calls her roast beef and Summer starts growling back at him with this most evil growl a 4 year old can muster. I don't watch many horror shows but her growl is so vicious it reminds me of something that would come out of that doll who's head always spins around in the horror shows...
Everyone in Staples is staring at us by this point and I decided it was definitely time to leave!
I can honestly say there is never a dull moment in this household, that is for sure!

1 comments:

Janna~Country Creek Creations July 18, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Oh my gosh I can just see her doing that. How hilarious. It's hard to believe they are going back to school soon. Trav is bummed cuz he loses a month with our move there.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP