Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

This Blog

Well I have kind of let this blog go along with everything else in my life as of late but I am slowly getting back on track. Once you lose a loved one it just seems like the everyday life "happenings" aren't as important. For example, we had company come over last night and normally I would have been cleaning until the moment they arrived.
Well not last night, I didn't clean! Why should I spend my Friday cleaning for visitors? If I were going to clean like that I should do it for the people that are here all the time :)!

Anyhow, I have recently closed my website until the beginning of the new year. I want to start off fresh with new beginnings and I have decided to focus on the most important things in my life for the Holidays, which are my family members!
I have several items I want to make for family members and they have always gotten put on the back burner this time of year. Not this year :)! I have started to make my daughter a Barbie dollhouse and I will try to post pictures with some of the progress :)!
It has been so much fun! My mother has been helping me with it and it seems like it is , in an odd way, helping us to heal!
We are not going out and buying a bunch of expensive furniture (I have bought a few wooden pieces but none of them have cost over $3.50). We have ideas to re-purpose items into lamps, living room furniture, and bedroom furniture! I have made a few of the lamps so far and we are having a blast!

Anyhow, I just wanted to give a quick update and I hope to do more updating on a regular basis!

Hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 15, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Sam,

I can completely understand how you are feeling. We lost my dad on June 19th this year and well life went on but it really hasnt gotten back to normal yet, and personally I dont know if it ever will. With the holidays coming up it will be very difficult for my family as it will be I'm sure with yours. Losing a loved one just puts a lot of perspective on life and time well spent, I will pray for your family. They say the hurt will lesson with time, I think that may be true although to me each memory is bittersweet, I will forever miss my dad.
Bigs hugs and loads of prayers to you and your family.
Kristine

Sam November 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Kristine,
I am so sorry for your loss! We lost my dad on Sept. 1 of this year. Thank you for the hugs! I am sending hugs and prayers your way also.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP